Author Topic: Honda Silverwing FSC600  (Read 604 times)

Offline Mighty Mouse

• STICKER BOFFIN
  • TERRORIST
  • There's no replacement for Displacement!
  • Scooter/Bike: Honda Silverwing FSC600
Honda Silverwing FSC600
« on: December 18, 2015, 11:23:21 AM »
Hi there,
I have had this scoot for a year now and of course am mightily happy and would not change it (for anything smaller - LOL). However, when it came time to replace my rollers, I took myself off to Honda to order them (from Japan I'm told). Now my scoot is registered as a 2012 model and LOOKED like a 2012 model with only 12 000 on the clock. To my horror I was told the VIN No belongs to a 2007 model!!  :no:
Honda Sandton told me that Honda Cayenne was known to bring in grey imports - which I did not believe - at first.
However some research on Gumtree showed me several Silverwings being sold as 2012 models but which were also "2007"?? The rub is that I paid for a 3 year old teenager, but now seem to be in the possession of a 8 year old granny!
Has anybody else heard of Honda bringing in grey imports and selling them as 'new'?  :happy:
Mighty Mouse
« Last Edit: December 18, 2015, 11:23:47 AM by Mighty Mouse »
Home is where your bike sits still long enough to leave a few drops of oil on the ground.

Offline SA SCOOTERS

• O HUMBLE ONE
  • REPTILE
  • INSANE
  • JUST RIDE...!!!!
    • SA SCOOTERS
  • Scooter/Bike: Anything with two wheels and an engine
  • Town: Velddrif. West Coast
Re: Honda Silverwing FSC600
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2015, 03:07:37 PM »
It used to be a huge problem at many Genuine dealers...I wont even mention the other ones.
But the law recently changed and its become very expensive to import the 'grey' models.
I suggest you take it up with Honda Cayenne. They were supposed to tell you.
www.sascooters.co.za 

In the beginning God made the heaven and the earth. The rest was made in China.
Loncin 150 Racer, Yamaha 250XT, BMW R1100S, HD 1340 Electra Glide...a Rubberduck, a Fishing Kayak...What more can a man ask for?

Offline Mighty Mouse

• STICKER BOFFIN
  • TERRORIST
  • There's no replacement for Displacement!
  • Scooter/Bike: Honda Silverwing FSC600
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2015, 12:25:26 PM »
Hi Slang, I haven't followed up as I'm very happy with the bike and frankly what could I get back? I don't think hassling them about it will benefit either of us. I was just wondering how it works. Do they bring in an old engine (unused) and marry it up with a brand new body - then sell it as new, even though the engine is technically 5 years old?
Is it then 'grey' although it's still genuine Honda?
MM
Home is where your bike sits still long enough to leave a few drops of oil on the ground.

Offline dr.simon

• SPAM HUNTER
  • FORUM MODERATOR II
  • TOP GUN
  • Scooter/Bike: Sym 300i evo, Honda PCX
  • Town: Highlands North, Jhb
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2015, 01:28:45 PM »
MM, the way it works is that they have agents in various countries, that buy up tons of 2nd hand bikes and scoots. So a 2007 scoot arrives here as a grey import, genuine Honda, not imported, or backed up by Honda. It's first registration in SA is 2012, hence a 2012 model. A lot of people have been caught this way, it's the trouble with grey imports!
« Last Edit: December 19, 2015, 01:31:05 PM by dr.simon »

Life is Great!!!!