Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
GENERAL DISCUSSION / Re: Word Game
« Last post by Scorpius on August 17, 2017, 01:53:08 PM »
Zupta 😈

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

GENERAL DISCUSSION / Re: Sym 300i GTS Evo reviews please
« Last post by dr.simon on August 16, 2017, 07:01:26 PM »
Simply put, fantastic scoot!! Great quality, great fuel consumption, easy to live with! Service don't break the bank! Bought it for my wife, a rooky rider, and she took to it like a duck to water! Highly recommend it!
« Last post by dr.simon on August 16, 2017, 06:56:00 PM »
Connections
« Last post by Scorpius on August 16, 2017, 05:41:40 PM »
Attachments

GUEST POSTS - No need to register / HELP Puzzy xtr 250f
« Last post by bhorat07 on August 16, 2017, 11:45:31 AM »
hi hope all is well. there is a guy who wants to sell a Puzzy xtr 250f. want it for a project bike

any personal reviews? its a tard
MECHANICAL AND TECHNICAL THREADS / How does motorbike gearbox work?
« Last post by 1200GXman on August 16, 2017, 09:29:51 AM »
Hi all
Just a thought I had and experience. I have a 2015 Honda XR150L currently on 8000km. Clutch is properly adjusted and it has been serviced on time and with Engen Xtreme 15W 40 oil. Recently we have been having some cold mornings. Im referring to -4 to -5 on the temp gauges. In morning I start the bike and let it idle a little bit until the piston sleeve fins start to feel luke warm to the touch. I don't like riding my bikes (all the years I had a bike) from cold as we all know single cylinder small displacement bikes need a little revs to operate correctly in their power bands. So what I picked up on 2 occasions is a slight gear grinding when popping into 1st gear for the first time in the cold morning. I have since decided to just give the bike a slight nudge before popping into 1st in the morning and since then it is fine. I suspect it is so cold that the combination of the oil I am using and the wet clutch setup that the oil isn't warm enough for the clutch to work properly. When the engine is at operating temp, this does not occur.

Now my question. I have watched some youtube video clips and it seems that bike gearboxes don't disengage gears from each other. They permanently run against each other. What could I have possible have damaged with this 2 time the gearbox made a grinding feeling when I engaged 1st gear. Just concerned that I could have damaged something inside. I also read on the internet about guys who did clutch less changes and when one guy opened his gearbox the gears were worn. So it is difficult for me to understand if I watch youtube clips on how the gearbox works.

I miss my Yamaha XT350. Comparing the gear changes of my Honda vs the Yamaha, the Yamaha was much softer and smoother.
GENERAL DISCUSSION / Sym 300i GTS Evo reviews please
« Last post by Motor1 on August 16, 2017, 05:52:31 AM »
So my wife has taken over my Burgie for her commute.  I'm looking for a scoot for her now.

Can owners please tell me about their Sym 300 maxi's please. There are one or two for sale at decent prices.

Thanks.
« Last post by dr.simon on August 15, 2017, 06:39:50 PM »
Feelings
« Last post by Scorpius on August 15, 2017, 02:24:50 PM »
Emotions

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10