Author Topic: JONWAY - NO Help after 10 days.  (Read 2265 times)

Offline SA SCOOTERS

• O HUMBLE ONE
  • REPTILE
  • INSANE
  • JUST RIDE...!!!!
    • SA SCOOTERS
  • Scooter/Bike: Anything with two wheels and an engine
  • Town: Velddrif. West Coast
JONWAY - NO Help after 10 days.
« on: March 18, 2014, 04:31:03 PM »
I wanted a 19.8mm oil seal. Enquired on FB as to where I could find, as none of my regulars had any.

Told to speak to Jonway.  IE> Andries.

Got hold of Andries by telephone on 7 March 2014
He told me to speak to a Chantal, that worked with the parts.
Spoke to Chantal on the 7th and also followed up with an email.
Phoned 10th, 11th, 12th, 13th, and 14th. Spoke to Chantal every time.
Begged her to send me an invoice or something, so that I can pay for the damn seal and get it sent. 
Every time I phone I had to hold and wait.
Every time I eventually get through to her, she asks me to phone back, as she is busy.!!!?????
2 Mails sent that week.
The last time I spoke to her on 14 March, I told her the phone calls were becoming expensive and all I want is an Invoice or something so I can pay them and she can send the seals. She promised to send a mail immediately.
17 March - Nothing received.
Monday 17 March I phoned again. Around 9am. After holding for 10 minutes for Chantal, I had enough.

I am pissed off. 10 Days and over a R100 worth of calls later, no response from her. Not to mention the time and effort to get this damn R30 Seal.
 Too much to ask? Geeze man, i even asked them on their FB page.
 :frustrated: :frustrated: :frustrated: :frustrated: :frustrated: :frustrated: :frustrated: :frustrated:

Eventually found a complete Seal Kit for R65 at Chinese Scooter Spares in Bellville. R600 later, as I had to drive to Bellville all the way from the West Coast.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2014, 04:31:35 PM by SA SCOOTERS »
www.sascooters.co.za 

In the beginning God made the heaven and the earth. The rest was made in China.
Loncin 150 Racer, Yamaha 250XT, BMW R1100S, HD 1340 Electra Glide...a Rubberduck, a Fishing Kayak...What more can a man ask for?

Offline Kwagga

• EVENTS MANAGER
  • SCOOTER TRASH
  • Please Email EVENTS to: Kwagga@sascooters.co.za
    • http://youtu.be/Z7dLU6fk9QY
  • BBM: http://youtu.be/Z7dLU6fk9QY
  • Scooter/Bike: Sym CityCom 300i
  • Town: Garden Route
Re: JONWAY - NO Help after 10 days.
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2014, 04:42:48 PM »
Put your detailed complaints down on their Facebook page as well as Hellopeter. They hate that. You will quickly see their concern suddenly appear.
The reason I sold my Gomoto & will never touch their products again.
If I do it I'm a Genius. If I don't do it, well... I'm still a Genius, but don't have the proof.

Be Seen - Don't Be a Statistic

Offline Stanthescooterman

• Senior Adviser
  • FORUM MODERATOR I
  • HOOLIGAN
  • You don't ask, you don't get!
  • Scooter/Bike: KYMCO Super8, Downtown 300i, BMW F800GS
  • Town: (021)
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2014, 04:53:23 PM »
Praise the Lord, I am not the only one!!!

The woman that you speak of at Conway has also given me the most terrible service that you describe, so now I will not take it personally any more, ha!

Yes I agree it is totally unacceptable 3rd world non-service!

Just remember that post is cheaper than petrol :)
Previous bikes & scooters:
BMW C600 Sport
Kymco Grand Dink 250 (300),
BMW F650GS Dakar,
Gilera Runner 180,
Kymco Agility 125,
Kymco TB100,
Kymco Heroism KH125,
Honda CBX550FII,
Suzuki RG50 Gamma

Offline SA SCOOTERS

• O HUMBLE ONE
  • REPTILE
  • INSANE
  • JUST RIDE...!!!!
    • SA SCOOTERS
  • Scooter/Bike: Anything with two wheels and an engine
  • Town: Velddrif. West Coast
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2014, 04:55:34 PM »
Put your detailed complaints down on their Facebook page as well as Hellopeter. They hate that. You will quickly see their concern suddenly appear.
The reason I sold my Gomoto & will never touch their products again.
Kwagga, after a previous stint with them, and other dealers, I came to realize one thing: They have nothing to fear from any websites, ie, us, fb or Hellopeter, as long as they are selling scooters. Remember that old post of mine...? They make money with parts. And not by selling parts to me or you, but by selling parts to customers that bought their Jonway scoots and taking those Jonway scoots to Jonway service agents.
I think I wasted enough time and money on them.

Just remember that post is cheaper than petrol :)
agree...  :wink:
www.sascooters.co.za 

In the beginning God made the heaven and the earth. The rest was made in China.
Loncin 150 Racer, Yamaha 250XT, BMW R1100S, HD 1340 Electra Glide...a Rubberduck, a Fishing Kayak...What more can a man ask for?

Offline HeftyCrab

• SR MEMBER
  • Scooter/Bike: Honda E-Storm 125
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2014, 07:41:02 AM »
I havent been on here in a while because of work so dont know if you tried this, but maby in the future you could ask on here for someone that you trust to mail you the part?Im sure there are many people that will be happy to help.

That service is the main reason I didnt get a chinese scoot. I wanted a Kymco, but there was only a Chinese scoot shop close to me so I got a Honda Estorm, lol.

Offline Kwagga

• EVENTS MANAGER
  • SCOOTER TRASH
  • Please Email EVENTS to: Kwagga@sascooters.co.za
    • http://youtu.be/Z7dLU6fk9QY
  • BBM: http://youtu.be/Z7dLU6fk9QY
  • Scooter/Bike: Sym CityCom 300i
  • Town: Garden Route
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2014, 11:07:53 PM »
I see that Jonway has banned me from their Facebook page.
I feel that people are being suckered into purchasing a scooter, but don't know the facts. Most of my issues happened while the scooter had less than 750km on it. I nursed it from new and rode it gently while running in.
* Jonway offers a Limited warranty on their scooters, so they will cover a few things, but the rest of the parts that pack up quickly are not covered.
* My Gomoto C5 speedo cluster was replaced 3 times due to the plastic melting after a few hours in the sun. Mine was not the only one as the other C5's I have looked at have the same problem. Jonway has not come up with a solution.
* The exhaust baffles kept coming loose on a scooter that had less than 750km's on the clock.The box was replaced twice, but eventually I suggested that the dealer open the box and weld the baffle plates properly so that it wouldn't come loose again. Jonway agreed but have not come up with a solution.
* I had the rubber inlet manifold pipe break while the scooter was still brand new.
* I had a strong smell of fuel and very heavy fuel consumption. I was shocked to be able to fill the tank to 9lt instead of the 6lt capacity advertised by them. They eventually tested it and changed the expected consumption and tank capacity their website. (Still waiting for a thank you for pointing out their embarrassing error) After the carb was swopped out and many hours of labour by the agent, they mistakenly discovered that the float plate on the fuel tank was loose, so only when the scooter was revved, it would leak. My Sym literally uses half the amount of fuel, even after the leak was discovered.
* The scooter jerked at low revs, as if the clutch engaged end disengaged at low revs. Parts were replaced, but the scooter was sold with the same issue. I spoke to a guy from Big Boy and its seems that their Powerflite (same as C5) had the same issues until they skimmed the problem away.
* The C5/Powerflite has a common problem of ever heating as well.

I never put all of the above on Jonway's Facebook page, but mentioned some of the things, as is my right. I received a message from Frans offering to 'solve my problem'. I don't know if I was supposed to take that as a threat, as I had mentioned that I would not touch their product again. It is a pity that Frans did not offer to sort things out when I contacted them in the past, but instead was brushed aside by a Martie (?) from Jonway. The response by Frans regarding services on their Facebook page is also not true. He says that the scooters will only be serviced every 3000km and that it should cost R450 per service. My C5 had to go in on 300km, then was based on months going past even though the Km's weren't clocked.

In my opinion, stay away from Chinese. I also had endless hassles with my Vuka XL110 for over a year, and thereafter it kept going without issues. Some are lucky with their Chinese products, but many have endless hassles. As confirmed on the forum, the suppliers sell their products at cheaper prices, but make up for it on comebacks and maintenance. I was informed by a dealer that they are not made to last. Obviously any product can be a dud, but you have a far better chance of buying one that is from China.
Get what is said in writing by the dealer, as well as by the supplier. Generally down the road a different song is sung.
Get as much tips and do as much research as you can, especially from forums and websites like this.
Find people that own what you are interested in and ask them what they think. If you contact someone on Gumtree from far away, tell them that you can't buy their scooter/bike, but ask their opinion anyway.
Name and shame if you get bad service. If you complain to the supplier or agent, it stops there. Media such as Facebook, forums, Hellopeter, etc are for everyone's eye's and we all know that 'Word of Mouth' is the best form of advertising, good or bad.
If I do it I'm a Genius. If I don't do it, well... I'm still a Genius, but don't have the proof.

Be Seen - Don't Be a Statistic

Offline Stanthescooterman

• Senior Adviser
  • FORUM MODERATOR I
  • HOOLIGAN
  • You don't ask, you don't get!
  • Scooter/Bike: KYMCO Super8, Downtown 300i, BMW F800GS
  • Town: (021)
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2014, 06:57:54 AM »
Slightly off-topic, but just for the record: SA Motorcycles, that import & distribute Jonway, Gomoto, Bajaj, Bashan, Regal Raptor ... have now bought out Big Boy as well, so it would seem that if, due to economic constraints (or ignorance) the average Joe Public decides to buy "Chinese"*, they will be getting pretty much the same rotten service & product, no matter where they go, unless they opt for Moto Mia (here in CT), but I even hear regular horror stories about their outlets.

So, Cape Town, our options are growing ever smaller.

Is there a thread or section on this forum where people can announce their GOOD experiences at scooter shops?  :applause: there must be people getting good service somewhere!

I'm tired of complaining and only hearing complaints. Some people (including myself sometimes) get off on that stuff.  :tired:

Let's start hearing about the good experiences, as well! :happy: (in the appropriate section)

We can keep the Jonway Vitriol flowing on this one  :laugh:
« Last Edit: March 27, 2014, 07:03:48 AM by Stanthescooterman »
Previous bikes & scooters:
BMW C600 Sport
Kymco Grand Dink 250 (300),
BMW F650GS Dakar,
Gilera Runner 180,
Kymco Agility 125,
Kymco TB100,
Kymco Heroism KH125,
Honda CBX550FII,
Suzuki RG50 Gamma

Offline Chucky

• SR MEMBER
  • Enjoying the journey called Life
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2014, 01:56:51 PM »
So glad I did not get a Jonway Master now
eating Bar Ones seeking that extra hour a day.

Offline JakesRuh

• SCOOTER ADDICT
  • Hi, I'm new here
  • Scooter/Bike: 2012 Jonway El Ninjo 150cc
  • Town: Mindalore
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2014, 10:26:47 AM »
Dan is ek dalk net lucky, my El Ninjo het noggie groot probleme gegee nie, en dit wat daar was is vinnig uitgesort deur jonway krugersdorp.....