Author Topic: 2015 Jonway elnino 150 leaking oil from airbox  (Read 494 times)

Dewald Pretorius

2015 Jonway elnino 150 leaking oil from airbox
« on: September 03, 2017, 01:03:39 PM »
I have a 2015 Jonway elnino 150 leaking oil from airbox. Why is this happening?

Offline SA SCOOTERS

• O HUMBLE ONE
  • REPTILE
  • INSANE
  • JUST RIDE...!!!!
    • SA SCOOTERS
  • Scooter/Bike: Anything with two wheels and an engine
  • Town: Velddrif. West Coast
Re: 2015 Jonway elnino 150 leaking oil from airbox
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2017, 01:28:14 PM »
I have a 2015 Jonway elnino 150 leaking oil from airbox. Why is this happening?

A small amount of engine oil vapour is blown back into the air cleaner all the time. Its standard and normal. Over time it accumulates and end up being about 2 table spoons of oil.
Some scooters has a drain pipe on the air box.

The solution is simple. Remove the air box...clean it out and it should be drip free for another few thousand kilos.

Ensure your airfilter is clean though....as  a blocked air filter will cause more engine oil blow by into the airbox. (if the carb cant get enough air through the filter, it sucks on the engine breather pipe that comes from the head of the engine and connects to the air box.)
www.sascooters.co.za 

In the beginning God made the heaven and the earth. The rest was made in China.
Loncin 150 Racer, Honda 600XR, BMW R1100S, HD 1340 Electra Glide and a Fishing Kayak...What more can a man ask for?

Dewald Pretorius

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2017, 06:36:11 PM »
I bought it 2nd hand with only 130km, it now has 230km so then it should not have any oil in the airbox. I noticed that it was over filled with oil and the oil was black and very thick. Also when I opened the airbox I fond a sponge like thing in their soaked with oil. I then drained some oil and cleaned the airbox and sponge thing. Apparently the previous owner dis not ise the scooter for months.

Offline SA SCOOTERS

• O HUMBLE ONE
  • REPTILE
  • INSANE
  • JUST RIDE...!!!!
    • SA SCOOTERS
  • Scooter/Bike: Anything with two wheels and an engine
  • Town: Velddrif. West Coast
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2017, 12:09:52 AM »
I bought it 2nd hand with only 130km, it now has 230km so then it should not have any oil in the airbox. I noticed that it was over filled with oil and the oil was black and very thick. Also when I opened the airbox I fond a sponge like thing in their soaked with oil. I then drained some oil and cleaned the airbox and sponge thing. Apparently the previous owner dis not ise the scooter for months.

if its overfilled....the engine is more likely to push the oil out the header breather pipe into the airbox.

Many air filters are sponge filters with special oil soaked into them. Just a little....not so much that I will drip out.

My guess is the engine was overfilled....it pushed the oil into the airbox...to an already oil filled sponge filter....and the excess started dripping out.
Give it a good clean....and your problems will be sorted.
www.sascooters.co.za 

In the beginning God made the heaven and the earth. The rest was made in China.
Loncin 150 Racer, Honda 600XR, BMW R1100S, HD 1340 Electra Glide and a Fishing Kayak...What more can a man ask for?