Author Topic: Big boy rct, the good the bad and the ugly, video #2 coming soon  (Read 102 times)

Offline Mat1998

• SR MEMBER
  • They see me rolling on two wheels
  • Scooter/Bike: Big boy rct 170, big boy revival 150
  • Town: Centurion
  • Whatsapp: 0788630709
Hey guys, so today I noticed that my throttle cable is getting a bit stiff, so I stripped the underseat plastics to get to the carb to release the throttle cable attached to the carb. I also noticed the window on my disc brake reservoir is leaking so I'll be replacing the reservoir or at least the window too, so my Scooter is currently stripped to reveal the underseat carburettor and all the fuses, instrumentation and dash board electronics, so I thought it would be the perfect time to do a follow up video to show you guys the good the bad and the ugly when it comes to Chinese scooters, as well as what the bike looks like on the inside.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2018, 05:25:51 PM by Mat1998 »

Offline Stanthescooterman

• Senior Adviser
  • FORUM MODERATOR I
  • SUPER HERO
  • Twist & Go!
  • Scooter/Bike: KYMCO Super8, Downtown 300i, BMW F800GS
  • Town: (021)
Re: Big boy rct, the good the bad and the ugly, video #2 coming soon
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2018, 06:32:33 AM »
Mat, you are a legend. This is exactly the kind of helpful contribution & "giving back" that is the very essence of this forum - so, thank you for all the trouble you have one to  :yes:

We look forward to the next episode of the Adventures of Scooter Doctor Mat. Make sure you wear your stethoscope  :wink:

Regarding your brake master cylinder - I see you raised this a while back already :

http://www.forum.sascooters.co.za/index.php?topic=8689.msg92974#msg92974
Previous bikes & scooters:
BMW C600 Sport
Kymco Grand Dink 250 (300),
BMW F650GS Dakar,
Gilera Runner 180,
Kymco Agility 125,
Kymco TB100,
Kymco Heroism KH125,
Honda CBX550FII,
Suzuki RG50 Gamma

Offline Mat1998

• SR MEMBER
  • They see me rolling on two wheels
  • Scooter/Bike: Big boy rct 170, big boy revival 150
  • Town: Centurion
  • Whatsapp: 0788630709
Re: Big boy rct, the good the bad and the ugly, video #2 coming soon
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2018, 09:19:14 AM »
Yes I did, but when I showed my dad he refused to believe it was broken so when we took off all the panels yesterday I showed him that not only was it leaking very slowly but the fluid level was low as a result